Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default New Shed Wiring

According to Chris Friesen :
John Gilmer wrote:
Multiple code and safety violations:

Code violations? Yep!

Safety? Maybe so; maybe no.

I'm still trying to figure out the code violation (hypothetically,
assuming the existing ground is insulated of course).

Nobody has yet commented on my post asking about NEC 250.32 B(2) which
by my reading seems to describe a separately grounded building. Why
wouldn't that apply here?

Conceptually it _could_, presupposing that the existing ground
was insulated (it isn't, because it's romex/romex-like
(eg: NMWU/UF)), a sub-panel was installed, and a ground rod
(or two) installed at the outbuilding. Tho, that would probably
cost more and be less flexible than the alternative (running new
4 conductor wire).
--
Chris Lewis,