Posted to alt.home.repair
CptDondo CptDondo is offline

Default Carting materials: Trailer or beater truck, van?

John Gilmer wrote:
I would STRONGLY suggest that you "contract out" the delivery.

BIG BOX stores (Lowe's, HD) will charge a fixed fee (around here it's $70)
and for that they will bring your entire order. Moreover they will place
it where you want/need it. If they drop it, they make it good.

When hauling away old junk, a power saw will reduce to manageable size most
things and you can just haul them a little at a time to the local landfill.

Or hire a local landscaper/yard guy to do that for you. I can get
construction trash (in small qty) hauled by the guy who does my yard for
$10.... He already goes to the landfill daily, so it's just free money
to him...