Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Si Ballenger Si Ballenger is offline

Default How to convert a digital camcorder to a wireless video camera?

On 19 Apr 2007 12:10:20 -0700, BoyntonStu wrote:

I am interested in a wireless video camera for a rc boat project.

I have a 1.2 Ghz transmitter and receiver.

Unlike an radio control model airplane, there is plenty of room and
wieght capabilities on a model boat for a SLA battery and a
camcordedr.

I am under the impression that CCD stabilized video from a camcorder
would be superior what the tiny board cameras that are typically used
with wireless video systems produce.

My intention is to purchase a used camcorder with a good lens and low
light capable ccd . (Remote focus and zoom may also be possible).

If the camcorder does not have a passthrough, how can I obtain the
video output to send to my transmitter?

Get a camcorder with an analog output and connect that to the
transmitter.