Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Safety issues of wearing gloves when using power tools?

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Drew Lawson" wrote in message

about in passing. But none of the substance of the discussion was
already between my ears when I started working on stuff a year or
so ago.

I stand corrected.

Just as with IQ in the general population, it's a good bet that half
the woodworker's instinctively know that wearing gloves around
woodworking machinery is not a good idea and are in no need of further
"documentation".

Making you absolutely correct for the remainder ...

Maybe it's an age thing...

I'm in my mid-50's. Growing up, I did a bunch of building and
construction activities with my dad, some for money, many for
charitable activities.

My wife and I raised 4 sons. We did as much as possible with the boys,
but not nearly as much as I did with my dad. My sons were deep into
sports and other great activities, but the 80's and the 60's were very
different decades.

I watch my eldest son in my shop today, and cringe. He's 33, and a
really bright fellow, but he's had no shop classes, built very few
buildings (or septic tank leach fields), and laid little to no concrete,
all staples of my youth.

But they are really good with equipment and systems that didn't really
exist in my youth.

And they love the same music I do.

Patriarch