Gunner

Default OT- The Deadliest Men

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:19:07 GMT, Duck Dog wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:21:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 15 Mar 2004 09:36:40 -0800, (Duck Dog) wrote:

Gunner wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:29:40 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:55:02 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

New York state is NOT NYC.

Well, duh. But the two big cities tend to skew stats a lot.
NYC should be the 51st state (it has an operating budget bigger than a
lot of nations).

Lets compare the crime rate in my
town of 18,000 to lets say...HollyWood, per capita of course.

I already did big town/little town: "I live near Syracuse, a city of
about 100,000 that has a higher murder rate than NYC."

By the numbers, it's safer in bad old NYC than in upstate NY.

New York state is a nice place. NYC..well..if they were gonna give the
East Coast an enema..thats one of the places they would put the hose.

Nonesense. I've been in NYC and DC and DC is far worse (leading the
country in violent crime... way to go!).

-Carl

DC is already hosed....G

Gumdrop, when is the last time you have ever been to either city?

Bout 10 yrs ago. Why?

Because you're so way off base on both cities that I just assumed you
were making it up. My guess is you were nowhere near these cities,
and you really ARE making it up.

How so?
From the 1998 FBI Uniform Crime Report, as reported on page 906 of my
2000 World Almanac:

| | Next | | |
Category | | Highest | | MD | VA
of Crime | DC Rate | State | Rate | Rate | Rate
--------------|---------|-------------|-------|-------|------
Violent Crime | 1,718.5 | New Mexico | 961.4 | 796.6 | 325.7
Agg. Assault | 943.0 | S. Carolina | 694.6 | 454.5 | 187.2
Robbery | 689.5 | Maryland | 298.7 | same | 105.6
Murder | 49.7 | Louisiana | 12.8 | 10.0 | 6.2

D.C. has 78.7 percent more violent crime, 35.8 percent more aggravated
assaults, 130.8 percent more robberies, and 288.3 percent more murders
than ANY OTHER STATE IN THE UNION!

Handguns are banned in DC.
Politicians work in DC (big bunch of crooks)
Stolen money is spent like water in DC.
Organized crime operates in mass out of DC. Its called Government.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Crime/CDA00-05.cfm
".4 Based on 1998 data for the eight communities studied,5 a
15-year-old urban African-American male faces a probability of being
murdered before reaching his 45th birthday that ranges from almost 8.5
percent in the District of Columbia to just under 2.0 percent in
Brooklyn, New York. By comparison, the probability of being murdered
by age 45 is 2.21 percent nationally for all U.S. black males and 0.29
percent for all white males.6

http://www.urban.org/Template.cfm?Na...icationID=8677

People are scattering Anthrax and Ricin in DC. DC is still on the
targeting computers of the few remaining Russian ICBMs.

Damned few people can afford to live there, (or want to)

The mayor wants the district to become inn keepers, not to mention a
little problem with district employee credit cards...LOL

This is the same fellow who came out in favor of vouchers, then
recanted in the Liberal ****storm that followed, even though the DC
schools have managed to turn out substandard students for years.

Though I do rather like his quote...

"I didn't get elected to 1) be mayor for life and 2) just to sit
around and watch Oprah and eat Cheetos," Mayor Williams

Though to be fair, DC did manage to get rid of Mayor Marion
"Crackhead" Barry, but how many years did he rule?

I could go on. Sounds to me, like DC is hosed, does it not?

I take it you either live there, or are a Shill for the DC Chamber
of Commerce?

When was the last time you were in Bakersfield?

1985, (late July to be exact), although we only drove through the L.A.
area. You see, I don't claim to know that much about the area, and so
I'm not making uninformed comments about it. You should learn from
this.

Seems you do tend to underestimate me a bit. Google is our friend.
One simply has to read the news to understand that DC sucks the big
wienie. But hey..if you like that sort of thing..all the power to
you.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"