Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Secondary glazed windows

On 19 Apr, 23:03, Stuart Noble
On 19 Apr, 12:22, Stuart Noble
wrote:

You otoh make a life of it. The level of ignorance in your comments
about putty flexibility left me gobsmacked.
I said that dried putty has zero flexibility. If you can stop it drying
by regular painting, that's another matter but, unless you want to be up
a ladder every couple of years, acrylics are a better bet.

There is currently a real shortage of materials in the known universe
with zero flexibility. Putty will bend as much as the wood frame does,
ie very slightly. The fact you can snap it does not change this.

Dried putty does not "bend", not even slightly. Wood does, often a lot
more than slightly. The two materials are fundamentally incompatible,
but I guess a conservationist wouldn't see that

Again you miss the point to such an extent that you can not offer
anything useful to the conversation.

NT