Posted to uk.d-i-y
Norbet Norbet is offline

Default Wireless Thermostat Problem

I've just noticed recently that my central heating hasn't been working
- the boiler works for hot water, but although the thermostat
indicates operation it's not actually managing to swicth the boiler
on.
It's one of those wireless jobs and I suspected the batteries my be
running low - so I've replaced them and reset the thermostat timer and
receiver - no joy. Fearing interference from a similar device in the
neighbourhodd I changed the channels using little rocker switches
inside the sender and reciever - again no joy.

Now I'm having some other strange wireless issues around the house and
I'm wondering could they all be related...

My remote key-fob for the car - works fine away from the house - has
to be within inches of the car to work at home.
We've a wireless thermometer sender - outside sender normally sends
internal reciever the outside temp - not being recieved of late.

I have two DECT telephones - both working fine.
Wireless router - seemingly all ok.

Has anyone encountered such strange problems? Could there be some sort
of interference that could prevent signals being recieved? I've gone
through the process of isolating all the wireless devices in the house
to see if any of them are responsible - could a neighbouring device be
to blame?

Any advice/suggestions welcomed

Norbet