Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Need Japanese translation !! (capacitors)

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
obal.net...
Wow.. how did you find that site?? Good show!!!
If I read the symbols correctly, looks like the White dot is the 1uF
terminal;
that leaves the Yellow as common. Hope that logic holds true.
Strangely, I didn't see any symbols that translated to yellow that looked
even
remotely like the symbol for the common terminal.

Wouldn't the use of a simple cap meter sort this out?

It would, if the caps were not reading low, as the OP said in his first
post. If the 2u section has dropped below 1u, then it would be hard to
identify for sure, by this method. About the only possible hope would be
that both sections had gone low together, so the 1u section still read lower
than the 2u. It should be easy enough to work out which is the common
though, because with the common open, both caps are effectively in series,
so the cap meter lead combination that gives the lowest reading permed from
any two out of the three pins, shows the common pin to be the one that was
left open during that reading.

Arfa