Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default A different spin on Miter Gauges

"Roy " put an 'RP' here to reply wrote in message
Leon,

Hartville Tools has the V27 on sale now for 59,99, but that includes the
24 inch extension kit and
the flip stop. Page 20 of their Spring catalog, also on the web site.
I'm fixin' to order one to
replace my stock Jet gauge.

You might consider making a set of finger joint attachments to mount on a
sled. With a pair of
runners, it should always run true.

A final thought. I seem to recall one of the mags (FWW? PW?) giving a
thumbs up to the Grizzly
standard gauge as being pretty good and very cheap for what you got.
Probably in an issue 2-3
years ago. HTH.

Regards,
Roy

snip

I have the V27 with a shop made extension fence on my Delta contractor's
saw. It does a great job. There is no slop in the slot, it is absolutely
repeatable on angles. With a Johnson wax coat on the table, it almost feels
like a sliding table attachment. It's a great but for $59 which is what I
paid for it.