Posted to alt.home.repair

Default statute of limitations

"Chris" wrote in message

house was advertised to me as having waterproof basement. not so. half
of the basement has a french drain. the other half has a trench to
collect water and divert it to the drain..

I wasn't paying this any mind, because whatever this system was was
working ok and I just thought it was the "old way", but I found an
area that isn't, and it is getting worse.. and it was masked by the
makeshift wall..

Have you had water in the basement? If no, then it must be waterproof.
What is "getting worse" ?

If yes, you may have a difficult time proving anything. Do you have copies
of the advertisement? The seller may have been mis-led by a sleazy
contractor. What damages have you had? What do you expect to get? I can
see you ****ing away a lot of money and your lawyer buying a new car while
you can't afford a scooter after paying him. Basing a lawsuite on what one
"expert" told you is not very good as the other side will have plenty of
experts also. And they all get paid to testify or give depositions.