Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default GFCI breakers for Al wiring

On 2007-04-19, Bud-- wrote:
- Have an electrician check the connections at high voltage appliances
and the service drop

15 and 20A branch circuits are the problem. In connections to larger
wire, the wire ends up being deformed and I believe connections are
quite reliable. But checking is reasonable. If you get an electrican,

Interesting. My house has copper wiring, and the detached garage has
copper wiring, but the 240V 40A connection from the house to the garage
is aluminum. I suppose that I shouldn't worry about that, then, as that
is larger wire than branch circuit wire.