Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Need Japanese translation !! (capacitors)

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Sparkey" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi;

I'm in the processs of replacing electro. caps in an old Roberts
Reel to Reel deck.

There are some questionable electro. caps that I'm trying to replace.
These are the old "can" style caps and the color codes are written in
Japanese (I believe) on the side of the can. There are 3 color dots;
yellow, white and red but I don't know which value they're supposed
to be as the sections all read low.

Can anyone tell from the side of the can what the designations are?
If so, please take a look at the picture on my site posted.
http://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-084f.jpg
(I promise it's spam and virus free.)

I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Sparkey

The 2.0uF would appear to be red - see

http://www.solon.org/cgi-bin/j-e/dos...red&I=on&IK=on

Maybe you can work out the 1u and common from that ?

Arfa

Wow.. how did you find that site?? Good show!!!
If I read the symbols correctly, looks like the White dot is the 1uF terminal;
that leaves the Yellow as common. Hope that logic holds true.
Strangely, I didn't see any symbols that translated to yellow that looked even
remotely like the symbol for the common terminal.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.