Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default "New" design

Kevin wrote:
I placed new is quotes as it's pretty much my belief that there is
very little that is really new in forms and such as far as bowls go
but I do have a question/request.

Has anyone here any examples of a bowl with the standard interior
(round) but a non-round exterior? perhaps an octagon, a square,
pentagon on the outside? I do believe sanding would be more of an
effort than the standard round exterior but the payoff in appearence
may well be worth it.
Just looking for pics and suggestions.
Thanks,
-Kevin

Square, rectangle and free-form wings are fairly common. I can't seem to
recall having seen any that were machined to the shapes you mention ...
although it DOES sound like an interesting twist.

Robert has already got me pawing at the paddock to make some odd-shaped
oil lamps ... might as well add these ideas to the pile.

Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000734-3, 04/19/2007
Tested on: 4/19/2007 10:43:07 PM