Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert Brian Elfert is offline

Default Safety issues of wearing gloves when using power tools?

"Leon" writes:

With that said, gloves are more dangerous around some tools than others.
Several years ago this topic came up and I performed an experiment with a TS
and a canvas/leather glove. I used a stick to push this glove into the
spinning blade several times. On no occasion did the blade grab the glove or
move the glove. The blade simply cut the glove as long as I pushed it into
the blade. When I stopped pushing the glove simply sat still with the blade

I'm damn sure not going to wear gloves after an incident on my CMS a few
years back.

I had on a pair of those cheapie canvas/leather gloves. The blade
caught the cuff of the glove and pulled it in slightly. I ended up not
getting hurt, but I damn sure had to check my undies.

Briasn Elfert