Posted to alt.home.repair
Afubar via HomeKB.com Afubar via HomeKB.com is offline

Default New Shed Wiring

So, Would I be better off converting the pump back to 110. Well is only used
for house use. Single occupant. Have 7.5 hp pump for irrigating pasture and
yard. It's located elsewhere. And how do I figure load?

thanks
Kaye

Doug Miller wrote:
Hang on, before you guys get all upset, from what I can tell, what he buried
was romex.

If it was romex, then you really should pull it out and have it redone
properly. Romex is neither permitted, nor safe, for underground use. You need
Type UF (Underground Feeder) cable for this application.

[snip]
So, Please, I'm willing to learn, teach me.

OK, well -- you need a 4-wire UF cable, sized to the total load, and an
appropriate double-pole circuit breaker. Or bury a conduit, and pull four THHN
or THWN wires of the appropriate size.

One way or another, you need four wires.

--
Kaye