Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Handyman Liability Insurance

n Apr 19, 12:49 pm, Al Bundy wrote:
Al Bundy wrote :

Was just curious what it would run. Of course I know it can vary
significantly, very significantly, depending on where you are. For
instance, I moved from one state to another and my car insurance was
1/3rd. Of course in the expensive state every other commercial on TV
was for a law firm that wanted to get you "just compensation" for
straining your eyes to read a menu.

I Curious Al in the northeast...

I Thanks for the replies. Was really more just a curiosity. No idea
if it
would be 1k/mo or 1k/yr.

As mentioned, depending on what you do, it could be 1k a month with
enough risk I suppose. Think more along the lines of you spill paint on
someone's carpet, plumbing leaks and floods someone's place (whether you
touched it or not), electrical fire days after you're there and you get
blamed whether you touched it or not, hammer falls off ladder and kills
f*ing ugly little yapping dog, kid drills hole in brothers head with your
drill, etc.

Sure location has some to do with it, but would expect level of
coverage and type of business bigger factor. My professional
liability $2M coverage for $600/yr for design/support, no
construction, no union labor oversight. That was last carried three
years ago at which point I retired from consulting.