Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default New Shed Wiring

In article , "Toller" wrote:

"Afubar via HomeKB.com" u33477@uwe wrote in message
news:70f2287aaf0ea@uwe...
BTW, I'm not real worried about legally, I'm out in the country and didn't
need a permit since the structure is under 200sq ft.

Okay.
Personally I wouldn't do this, but until the 20 years ago 240v applicance
were allowed to put their unbalanced load from 120v uses back over the
uninsulated neutral. In fact, the top element on my lower oven puts 10a
back over the neutral. That is probably more than you would get from a few
lights.

Is it safe? I have never heard of anyone getting hurt on the millions of
such installations like that out there; but there is the potential for a
problem. Probably safer than driving to the market, but since it is
illegal... It is one thing to leave my 24 year old wiring in place; it is
quite another to install another one.

I am posting this mainly to get Dougie upset.

Why don't you just crawl back under your bridge, troll? By this time, anybody
who's been paying attention in this ng knows better than to take electrical
advice from you.

--
Regards,