Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default What are the ways to remove a stump?

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:
I have 3 tree stumps. One is about a 1 foot in length and level with
the ground.

The other 2 stumps fell from trees that actually lifted the
surroundiing grass with it, so that the stumps are on an angle with
the grass surrounding them pulled up.

I want to remove all 3 stumps. I gather I can rent a "stump grinder
from the local outlet." However, is there some kind of "chemical
treatment" that is cheap to get rid ot these. I have heard that stump
grinders are dangerous. I can get someone to do it, but as I am
feeling "handy",
I would like to save some money and remove them myself.

BTW, all of the actual trees were removed by myself with much time
and energy with the aid of a chain saw and many sore muscles.

Thanks in advance,

Ten dollars worth of dynamite. And before you reject this out of hand, look
in the yellow pages under "Explosives." Make a couple of calls.