Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeNereson MikeNereson is offline

Default new lot, grass and landscaping

Good day.

I'm in a new construction home on a lot of dirt. I have an allowance
from the builder to landscape. Its not enough of an allowance for this
big lot, so I need to do it on my own. Now, I have some estimates to
get the loam and hydro seed delivered, but I need to prep the lot
before I have anything delivered. I also have to grade the back yard.

So, my question is this. Can anyone advice me on what it is that I
need to do to prep the lot? For example, the builder appears to have
just used a bulldozer to level things out, so there are roots,
branches, rocks, sand, pebbles, nail, pieces of the siding, ect all
over the place. I can rake up the trash and some of the debris pretty
easily. But when I rake up the roots, I get 3 more roots pulled up for
every one that I rake up. And there are plenty of rocks out there too.

Here is the lot... http://picasaweb.google.com/absolute...ion/Unfinished

If I paid a landscaper to do all the work of loaming and seeding, what
would they do to prep the lot?

Any advice or suggestions of any sort are greatly appreciated. Thanks
everyone.