Posted to alt.home.repair
steve steve is offline

Default What are the ways to remove a stump?

In a similar situation I dug as much as I could around the stumps. Fastened
a chain to the stump and my Pickup truck and pulled them out with no
problem.
Depends on what kind of tree and how deep the roots are.

Good luck..

Steve

"Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" wrote in message
I have 3 tree stumps. One is about a 1 foot in length and level with the

ground.

The other 2 stumps fell from trees that actually lifted the surroundiing

grass with it, so that the
stumps are on an angle with the grass surrounding them pulled up.

I want to remove all 3 stumps. I gather I can rent a "stump grinder from

the local outlet." However,
is there some kind of "chemical treatment" that is cheap to get rid ot

these. I have heard that
stump grinders are dangerous. I can get someone to do it, but as I am

feeling "handy",
I would like to save some money and remove them myself.

BTW, all of the actual trees were removed by myself with much time and

energy with the aid of a
chain saw and many sore muscles.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net