Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Tempered glass on dining table

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:15:07 -0500, "dnoyeB" wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:11:36 -0700, Arpil wrote:

I have a tempered glass top dining table with 4 metal (stainless
steel ?) legs. One of the leg came loose because the handy man tried
to move the table by himself.

The other three legs are attached to the glass pretty tie. I don't
see any glue residue between the leg and the glass.

So the legs are attached to the glass and nothing else? Wow.

I never successfully glued anything with super glue. Probably you can go
to a glass shop and they can provide you with a bit of clear glue.

I think discussing it with a glass shop is a good idea. I would ask
them what to do.

Probably you will have to clean the glass and the leg.

Or you can likely get one of those kits from the auto-parts store used to
attach the rear view mirror to the windshield.

I tried the mirror attaching glue, and I guess I didn't do it
perfectly (I put on too much or too little. I squeezed out the excess
too much or too little.) because the mirror fell off within a day or
so. Later I found in the autoparts store not far from the mirror glue
another glue that also came in capsules, and 3 capsules were included
for about the price of one labelled mirror. So I got 3 of them.