Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Safety issues of wearing gloves when using power tools?

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"trs80" wrote in message
Can someone point to sources online that document the safety issues
of wearing gloves when using machinery or with woodworking power
tools? thanks

Sad how the internet is taking the place of the brain these days. All
the documentation necessary should be between the woodworker's ears.

Really? Hm... let's see. I'm using the table saw for the first time.
It's easy, right? Just push the wood into the blade. All the
documentation's between my ears, so let's go. OOMPH! *time passes, the
user recovers* Lucky for him, he put on goalie equipment before he
started. Unluckily for him, it was like taking a Bobby Hull slapshot
from only twenty feet.

It's often better to read documentation on the internet about how to use
the saw and what to avoid than it is to find out first hand. There are
things that happen to others that haven't happened yet to you but could
actually be worse.

No, you shouldn't wear gloves or be reading the documentation while
you're working, but at least have sense enough to read and remember what
you read.

Puckdropper