Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Larson Neil Larson is offline

Default A different spin on Miter Gauges

I presently have a stock Delta with a homemade fence as most of you probably have. I also have a Incra 1000SE that I use 90% of the time, primarilly for quick 90drgree cuts because it is dead accurate. I am aslo thinking about an Osborne EB3.

But, the purpose of this post is to find a cheap miter gauge to build jigs on. Right now, I want to make a Finger/finger Joint jig. I have found the following:

1. Woodhaven 950 MiterMatic at $19.99 from Amazon
2. Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge at $54.97 from Amazon
3. Clamping Miter Gauge at $44.95 from Woodcraft

And of course, there are all the stock ones that come with the saws.

Any ideas? Experiences?

Obviously, for 20 bucks, im not looking for a Porsche, but I do want one that will stay where it is locked and won't flex much.