Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen light problem

On 19 Apr, 17:21, stevelup wrote:

That whole Wiki is deeply biased against any form of architectural
lighting.

Some people want their lights to simply light up their room - in that
case an undimmable CFL in a nasty light fitting hung in the middle of
the room will be just fine.

Other people (most people?) would consider the lighting to be a
fundamental part of the design of a space and therefore are unable to
accept the compromises imposed by CFL's.

I've got low energy fittings in the hall, stairs, landing, utility,
spare room and kids rooms. Everywhere else, I've got halogens and
there is nothing at the moment which could encourage me to change
that!

Steve

Why not write an architectural lighting article? It only takes 5
minutes to get the bare basics down, headings with a few notes under
each. Hopefully it'll develop from there.

NT