Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default buzzing breaker????

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:12:16 +0000, Gary wrote:

I was recently putting a new circuit into my breaker box when I noticed one of the breakers was buzzing. I flicked it off and back on and it stopped. It then started buzzing again. I thought bad breaker so I replaced it. Same problem. I then went around the house to trace what was on that breaker and found that a motion sensor switch in our pantry caused the problem. When the light came on the buzzing would start. That is why when I flipped the breaker it turned off the motion switch and didn't buzz again until someone used the pantry.

What would be causing this?

Thanks
Gary

Are you sure its the breaker? A breaker should have nothing in it capable
of buzzing. Perhaps there is a transformer close by. When dust gets into
transformers they can buzz. Try vacuuming out your breaker panel if its
dusty or cobwebby.