Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cut of plug on pendant light and hardwire

On 18 Apr, 16:20, JD3495 wrote:

I have a pendant light that is meant to hang from the ceiling and have a
cord run down the wall to an outlet. I want to hardwire it right to the
ceiling. I am unsure how to do this. Do I cut off all the way at the
base and get a new set of wires that has a hot, neutral AND ground and
reinsert that? If so, how do you do that? Do I cut off just the plug
and wire it with the 2 wires in the cord? If so, isn't that a fire
hazard? I am confused and could really use some advice on this.
Thanks!

depends what country youre in. Help yourself here.

NT