Posted to uk.d-i-y
TomC TomC is offline

Default Advice needed on building an internal timber partition wall

All,

Thanks for the responses and helpful advice received so far.

Just to clarify : the "roof space" is actually the first floor of the
house which can be described as open plan. It's a new house and the
architect designed the first floor so that we could later put in
partition walls to divide it into 2 bedrooms. There is a window in
place for one bedroom and a velux in place for the other. The house
is actually in France, but I would be interested to know if these
count as secondary fire escapes under UK regulations?

Thanks again

Tom