Posted to uk.d-i-y
theRainKing theRainKing is offline

Default Halogen light problem

On 19 Apr, 10:41, Graham Jones wrote:
theRainKing wrote:
Hello,

Been in our house a few months now and encountered a new one on me.
There are six halogen downlights in the kitchen. Two bulbs went a
couple of weeks ago and I didn't get around to replacing them. A
couple of days ago, all the other bulbs went in one go! I bought some
new bulbs and replaced the old ones but the lights are still not
working. Checked the fuses, no problems. I don't know much about these
downlights. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

It is probably the transformer(s) then. I think some transformers expect
a certain load at all times. Two bulbs blowing will reduce this load
causing a headache for the transformer from which it couldn't recover.

Graham

Thanks for your reply.

What do I do? How do I get at the transformer (I can't work out how to
get the things out!). Would it need a new transformer?