Dave Plowman

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Of course I could be wrong, but I've yet to actually witness for myself
one that does work as well as without.

Well I can tell you that they do, and they do it very well provided that
they aren't overloaded. I have a Labgear unit that has the FM input
supplied with a 5 element Triax aerial that is aimed midway between the
local TX at Madingley and Peterbourgh and its fine.

The main purpose of the amplifier section is to overcome the splitter or
divider losses. In fact its performance is very good indeed and this is
not too far removed from the performance of the amplifier systems we use
in the "day job", VHF comms radio, which have up to 16 outputs and cost
about 700 quid!....

I'll bow to those with superior knowledge, but still maintain that the
average installation using commonly available bits just doesn't work
properly - at least in the way an average UHF TV one does.

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn