Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Gary is offline

Default New Shed Wiring

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article 70e82cfb11180@uwe, "Afubar" u33477@uwe wrote:
HI, I just built an 8x12 shed over my well. The well had an existing A
frame
cover over it. It is 5' x 4' x5'2" deep. Has a jet pump wired straight
from
main panel at electric pole, 3 wires directly wired to pressure switch.
220 ,
I think.

Here's the question, is there any way to use the exisisting wiring to
supply
110 power to shed? All I'm looking at is a couple of lights, a couple of
plugs for minor tool usage.

With a transformer. Otherwise, you need four wires: two hots and ground
(which
you have already), and neutral (which you don't).

--
Regards,

Isn't a stove 220? and it gets its 120 from one of the hot legs and the
neutral.