Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Hydraulic cement & basement leak

Buck writes:

Looking at hydraulic cement to stop the leak in the wall: Do I just
chisel away at the point where the wall meets the floor to open the
cracks or can I just press the cement in?

Think of your basement wall and floor as a leaky boat in a pond.

Do you really think mashing a little cement into dirty, old corners is
going to stop your boat from leaking?

There is no special "hydraulic" cement. All portland cement is hydraulic.
That label is just a way to sell it at exorbitant prices to suckers.