Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Tornblom Thomas Tornblom is offline

Default Bose Wave Radio 9kHz AM spacing?

I have no knowledge of this unit, but the FM spacing may also be a
problem for US spec units used in Europe. The US FM spacing is 200
kHz, and in Europe it is 100 kHz.

I found this out after importing a US car to Sweden, and in my home
town we have a transmitter on 96.6 MHz, which could not be received on
the radio in the car.

Frequently car (japanese) stereos can be software configured for 200
or 50 kHz FM spacing. Perhaps the same thing is applicable here?

I believe my home cinema receiver can also be configured for different
spacing using a service mode menu.

Thomas