Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building notice for Replacement Windows

Tim S wrote:
wrote:

On Apr 17, 7:59 pm, EricP wrote:
On 17 Apr 2007 11:31:23 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
I plan to replace windows in my house room by room as I go round
redecorating /overhauling them. This means there could be 6 months or
more between each window replacement (some need plenty of work and
like a break to get on with life between projects!). Submitting a
building notice for each replacement window make it expensive (£90 a
go in my area) so I wondered if ayone could tell me if there is an
expiry period of such notices allowing me to cover more than one
window in a submission? or does it vary from council to council?
Cheers,
Are they likely to notice?

When I go to sell the house a solicitor for the would-be buyers will
ask to ensure they have building regs certification - could do without
that hassle

Doubt they'll care if you tell them to take it or leave it...

All you need is a FENSA certificate.

You can pretty much get that from the DG suppliers.

Now, IIRC, once a building notice has been received by the council, work
must be started withing a certain time frame (6 months???). I have been
told by a BCO over the phone that there is no legal requirement to complete
the job in any amount of time.

I am still under mine 7 yeares later...

So BNA for the whole job, start the first one then you can take 100 years to
finish if you want.

Not sure what happens if the regs get "upped" during that time though.

The regs that apply are the regs when you applied.

I am still working to 2000 regs.

Tim