Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Sell your scrap copper.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Yes, we're very careful about sorting - except for ferrous metals which at
the moment aren't bringing a huge amount. Copper, brasses and lead are
valuable. We have a separate bucket for each, Spouse takes them down every
few months. The ferrous stuff goes more or less to get it out of the way.

I've never bothered with getting money for steel scrap. By agreement, it
just goes into the scrap skip at a neighbouring factory. However, there
appears to be enough money in it at the moment to make it worth while for
people to pay our industrial estate for every dumped car removed. A few
years ago we had to pay to have them collected.

Colin Bignell