Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default shingle tabs flying off!

On 17 Apr 2007 16:15:19 -0700, Chris wrote:

Youre right. It's always the south side that goes first.

so, is this newest blown off shingle tab something to be overly
sensitive about? There still is the shingle below that tab in place..
As long as I don't notice any leaks, I shouldn't be running to call
a roofer, right?

That's a bit like saying, since gangrene hasn't made my foot fall off,
I don't need to treat the wound do I?

My roof was losing shingle parts and I lasted longer than a year and a
half, maybe 2 1/2 or 4, but otoh, during that time I had a leak in one
corner that went into the attic and took out 10 square feet of my
bedroom ceiling, plus it splattered on some stuff.

I think I could have made it last longer if I had done something as
soon as the first leak started**, and if when I did do something, I
had hired someone better, who should have been able to fix that leak,
but accomplished nothing.

**oF COURSE i'M IN bALTIMORE and there are still parts of the winter
when you can't put on a roof. The further north you are, the more
there is like that.