Posted to alt.home.repair
frank.logullo frank.logullo is offline

Default mercury in cfl's

"Lawrence" wrote in message
ps.com...
I don't know how much mercury is in those bulbs but am surprised that
there is any at all. From what I understand, mercury is quite
hazardous in the environment and is very hard to get rid of once it's
there.

You are correct to say that everone who is still alive has survived
mercury exposure. Too bad that the argument is weak. Folk who did
not survive are not here to answer your post or to speak to the issue
since they are dead.

No the argument is not weak. Toxicity of the mercury depends upon if it is
metallic or a compound and the type compound.
Most of the envirowhiners have extrapolated from toxicity of methyl mercury
which is extremely toxic to include all mercury compounds. I don't know
about you folks, but I've got several teeth with mercury amalgams in them
and I'm not having them removed
Frank