Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Why 6 and 12 point sockets?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:33:26 GMT, Grandpa wrote:

dpb wrote:
On Apr 17, 12:58 pm, Grandpa wrote:

[...]
You're not looking. I just bought a brand new set of Craftsman 8
points off eBay.

I was speaking of new -- last I looked, Sears is no longer selling
them. Was in need of a replacement and nobody in town had any in
stock any longer whereas years ago they were quite common in farm
supply places. That's difficult enough in my book although
"extremely" may be a stretch...

You think that's bad, try looking for square bolts or nuts that
those fit! Only us antiques remember and use the square stuff.

I tried to get square head to fix up my next-door neighbor's fence
gate, to match the one that wasn't missing. Of course I didn't thy
that hard because he is only my neighbor. I think the one size
might come included with a fence latch, but if mine loosen, unlike my
neighbor, I'll save them before they fall out, so I won't be buying
any more.