Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Replacing al wiring.

When I stated generally there is moisture in the attics I mean is sort
of outside your house. I don't seen anything like that in my attics.
Just wanted to be sure junction boxes can go there.

Yes you can have junction boxes in the attic.

One other note, a house built in the late 60's will have fairly poor
insulation and no real vapour barrier in the outside walls. Drywall is so
easy to install, it would be simpler to pull all the old drywall off the
outside walls and make an easy job of wiring the walls with insulation. At
this point remove all the insulation, caulk any draft leaks in the
sheathing, and install modern efficient insulation and an approved 6 mil
vapour barrier then re-drywall.

After seeing how much simpler it is to wire, and to update the wiring to
include the addition of communications lines and cable lines, you may decide
to strip off all the other walls too. This is what I have done when fully
remodelling a room.