Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Blaukopf Ben Blaukopf is offline

Default Building notice for Replacement Windows

Owain wrote:
wrote:
I plan to replace windows in my house room by room as I go round
redecorating /overhauling them. This means there could be 6 months or
more between each window replacement (some need plenty of work and
like a break to get on with life between projects!). Submitting a
building notice for each replacement window make it expensive (£90 a
go in my area) so I wondered if ayone could tell me if there is an
expiry period of such notices allowing me to cover more than one
window in a submission? or does it vary from council to council?

I think there is an expiry date, but it will be in the order of years
rather than months - even a small house build is likely to last ~10
months using 'traditional' methods.

I've checked several council websites and none mention a deadline.

Work needs to start within 2 years for my current buildings notice [1]
No expiry after that that I'm aware of.

[1] Which I'm assuming means 'have the BCO come round to inspect
something'. Plenty of work has been done, but nothing is *quite* ready
for inspection yet. Will be real soon now. I've got 7 months left...