Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Building notice for Replacement Windows

In message , Tim S
writes
wrote:

On Apr 17, 7:59 pm, EricP wrote:
On 17 Apr 2007 11:31:23 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I plan to replace windows in my house room by room as I go round
redecorating /overhauling them. This means there could be 6 months or
more between each window replacement (some need plenty of work and
like a break to get on with life between projects!). Submitting a
building notice for each replacement window make it expensive (£90 a
go in my area) so I wondered if ayone could tell me if there is an
expiry period of such notices allowing me to cover more than one
window in a submission? or does it vary from council to council?

Cheers,

Are they likely to notice?

When I go to sell the house a solicitor for the would-be buyers will
ask to ensure they have building regs certification - could do without
that hassle

Doubt they'll care if you tell them to take it or leave it...

There is always someone. We had the buyers solicitors going on about
building regs for a 30 year old carport that didn't need them anyway.

No it didn't stop the sale of the house, but it was yet another thing to
slow things down.
--
Chris French