Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smell of urine in carpet

Fred wrote:
A child has urinated on our carpet a number of times and the place has a
rather unfortunate smell.

We've tried to Vax the carpet but is there anything which will neutralise
the smell? Any cleaning fluid only goes so deep and the smell returns.

The offending child has gone but the smell hasn't!

Can anyone please offer some ideas?

Time will sort it out but in the meantime the wife swears by something
called Oxy Action Vanish. Personally I think itwhoiffs worse than cat P

Also try sponging with alcohol - surgical spirit is better than meths
otherwise the carpet comes up purple ;-)

If it doesn't remove the smell, you can at least get high on it and stop
worrying.