Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] runderwo@mail.win.org is offline

Default Opinion on sunken living room

On Apr 13, 9:44 pm, "Ken B." none.com wrote:
For someone that has this dream of raising a floor and installing
hardwood, you would "think" they would have enough sense to buy a tape
measure and find out if their dream is even feasible.

Feasible and a good idea are two different things.

You're stuck in the 70's,

I'm stuck in the 70's because I'm asking how others would update a
home from the 70's?

and your home sounds like a dump.

Yup, it's a dump all right, that's how I got it 30k under comps.

Don't worry about a large project, when you won't take the time to do
the small projects.

The small projects will nickle and dime you to death if you're doing
them over later because you didn't plan ahead.

If you wait long enough, in the slow burn process, I'm sure they'll have
you 6' under, before you lift a finger to clean that rat trap up.

Feel better now? HAND, troll.