Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Low water pressure from water softener

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:03:34 -0400, "Andy Petro"
wrote:

My water pressure drops through the water softener. Can this be due to
the resin bed. Can it be repaired?

Usefulness of the resin can be 7-15 years. Hard water will affect the
time line. "Resin" is a pretty much one standard for softeners. Buy
it, based on needs. Not expensive to replace, but messy. I've picked
out my NEW softener. They wear out after 7-10 years or there about's.

Do you have multi-headed shower jets (surround shower heads)? The WS
reduction of pressure is related for an under-sized softener.

The softener NEEDS to be sized for the household. If this is DIY, did
you calculate this?

--
Oren