Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Painting Question (Exterior) Regarding How To Obtain Uniformity

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello:

We are having new siding put up on only 3 sides of house.
Will have to match the paint color for the painting of the new siding
against what is presently on the side that
is not to be re-sided.

Will use a piece of the old siding as a color match which, I'm told, they
can do very accurately at the paint stores using a
"photometric" device.

How true is this; a "real good" match to be expected ?

If the paint store does its job correct you can not tell the differance in
the colors. I has some siding put up and windows wood covered. Went to the
store with a sample of the new siding. He mixed it up, put a dab on the
sample and used a blow drier on it. You could only tell the differance in
the paint if yo looked very close and could see a differance in the heigth
of the material. If it was not for that , you could not tell where the
paint and siding started and stopped.