Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Simultaneous solar hot water and air collection

On 16 Apr 2007 06:41:07 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 15, 11:10 am, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
wrote:

| On Apr 14, 5:48 pm, Derek Broughton wrote:|| Solar Flaire wrote:

||| They are correct.

|| No, they're not. It can work in Nova Scotia and it has worked in
|| Germany.
|
| If it works so well and inexpensively as claimed, then perhaps you
| can tell us why it,s not widely implemented. Are all builders and
| consumers stupid? Don't they want homes that our only heated by the
| sun? Has the free market broken down in this case? Or could it
| be that they know more about the real world, heating, construction
| and costs than those spouting a bunch of equations trying to
| impress folks?

No - they're not stupid, and the free market hasn't broken down.

People, in general, don't change from something they know has worked
well in the past unless/until their pain threshold has been exceeded
by a sufficient margin to motivate change.

Complete BS. Pay attention to how fast consumers are adopting new
technology.
Products come out and within a few years, they are everywhere. There
are lots of
people who would jump on a home that could be 100% solar and built
inexpensively,
if it were really possible and practical.

In case you hadn't noticed, most people /don't/ know much about
designing and constructing a home - just like they don't know much
about how their vehicle was designed and built. Both products rely
heavily on design folks working with equations.

Well, Duh! I guess that's why we have cell phones and Ipods.
Funny though
I don't see these close to 100% solar energy inexpensive homes being
built in NJ
or anywhere else. If it's such a damn fine idea, why don't you and
Nick go do it
and get rich?

If you think they do that just to "impress folks" you might want to
think again.

No, I just think a certain clown that posts here from time to time
with loads of equations
and no practical common sense does it to impress. I guess
that point went over your head.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar