Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Problem with Generac Transfer switch

On Apr 16, 12:15 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
mikegold wrote:

Just started up my Generac Natural Gas generator for the first time
today.

Transfer switch automatically switched over to generator power as
expected however, when I turned utility power back on the switch did
not transfer back to utility.

I had to open the switch and manually transfer back to the utility
position.

This happened both times I tested.

Any input as to what would prevent the switch from switching back to
utility?

How did you test, by turning off the main utility breaker? How long did
you wait after turning utility power back on? Most transfer switches
have timers and won't transfer back to utility for about 10 minutes
after it comes back to insure it is stable.- Hide quoted text -

That's the way the big units work, transfer switch transfers 10-15
minutes after commercial power is restored, then has about a 3-5 min
generator run without power for a "cooldown" before final shutdown.
Bob