Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Electricty to flat: Powercard meter, coin meter, or what?

Frank wrote:
Hi I am currently planning some wiring modifications for the two flats
in a building I own. One flat on the ground floor and one is on the
first floor.

I plan to have the ground floor flat supplied directly from the
original elec board's power supply meter for the building. I plan to
have a submain coming from that to the first floor flat, going via a

The rest of this post is invalid because submeters aren't allowed any more.

You'll have to pay to have a new main run upstairs, or forget the whole
thing - there isn't another way.

(and before anyone jumps on this post, existing submeters are an exception,
but the leccy board are already aware of those and they are being phased
out)