Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Blocked toilet help

If you read the instructions you will find that only an idiot would try to
dissolve caustic soda in hot water. If you did this on my production line
you would be breaking the health and safety at work regulations and
endangering your colleagues: committing an offence.

On 16 Apr, 09:40, Stuart Noble
wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
spamlet wrote:

In my experience, caustic soda can be as difficult to dissolve once it
sticks together, as any other pipe blocking agent.

I think you probably mean washing soda. Caustic soda dissolves in a
flash on the merest contact with water.

It is clear you have never done this yourself, and don't have a clue.

He's right about it not dissolving quickly though. It will form a lump
if you just dump it in water

mine always dissolves in hot water very vigorously. I'll say no more

So does mine.

I think its the case that people are talking about washing soda, not
caustic.

NT