Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Blocked toilet help

And I suppose steam from a kettle can't burn you either.
Idiot.

I suppose I should qualify a little as my 'melt' was not used as an exact
physical term, but was meant to include the whole gamut of undesirable
distortions due to softening. Don't forget that plastic pipework is
commercially assembled with hot air welders.

spamlet wrote:
In my experience, caustic soda can be as difficult to dissolve once it
sticks together, as any other pipe blocking agent. If your pipes are
plastic, and you put it in dry, it might even make enough heat to melt
them...

I think you probably mean washing soda. Caustic soda dissolves in a flash
on the merest contact with water.It is also very hard for it to get above
the boiling point of water, since it is the reaction with water that heats
it. If the pipes will take boiling water they will take caustic.

It is clear you have never done this yourself, and don't have a clue.