Posted to comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.components,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware
Barry Watzman Barry Watzman is offline

Default How and where to locate LCD inverters

No, you need an exact replacement inverter, specific not so much to the
LCD panel as to the monitor or laptop into which the panel is being
installed. The only connection between the inverter and the panel is
two wires to each lamp (most smaller LCD panels have one lamp, most
larger ones have two lamps). The more involved connections are to the
controller for controlling lamp on and off and brightness.

Either get the inverter as a spare part from the device mfgr. (again,
the maker of the device that this goes into, not the maker of the LCD
panel that it's used with), or buy one used off E-Bay or from some other
source. Match up the part numbers, and/or be sure that the replacement
is physically identical.

wrote:
Hello 1

I have 6 dead LCDs on my hand, all due to backlighting problems.

They are of different brands, from samsung to toshiba to whathaveyous.

They ranges from size 15 to 21 in.

Need to know where to get the inverters from them ? Is there a "one
size fits all" type of LCD inverter that I can use of all 6 of my dead
LCDs ?

Please help !

Thanks !